This month I will be leading a Mozzi workshop and presenting a paper
Barrass, S. and Barrass, T. (2013) Embedding Sonifications in Things, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Auditory Display, Lodz, Poland, 6-10 July, 2013 at the International Conference on Auditory Display in Poland.
The conference will be held at the Lodz University of Technology, Poland on 6-10th of July 2013. The event will be the 19th in the series of ICAD conferences, organized almost yearly since 1992. The first two days of the conference will be reserved for workshops and think-tanks, while the remaining three for oral and poster sessions.
The conference covers a wide range of topics connected to auditory displays and data sonification. The topics include, but are not limited to:
- Auditory Display: – Aesthetics – Applications – Evaluation – Methods – Philosophy – Technologies – Theory – Usability
- 3D and Spatial Audio
- Data Sonification and Audification
- Head Related Transfer Functions
- Psychoacoustics and Perceptual Research
- Sonification as Art
- Sound Interaction
- Speech Synthesis, TTS and Spearcons
- Use of Audio in Human-Computer Interfaces
- Virtual acoustic displays and environment